This article will outline detailed information regarding the truth database that Zynk uses. Typically, this is stored in the default data directory (C:\ProgramData\Zynk Software\Zynk\2.0\Data), although if you have specified a bespoke data directory in Tools -> Options the database file will be located in that directory.
You can interrogate your database using the free-to-use Zynk extension Zynk Log Manager (ZLM).
The connection table will store all of the connections you have set up within Zynk. For more information on creating an managing connections from Zynk please see Managing Connections
The following fields are exposed in the connections table:
- Id The unique identifier for the connection table entry.
- Data Serialized XML data of the connection. This can be used to view specific properties on the connection.
- Title The name you have given to identify the connection.
- Type The external system you have connected to, e.g Magento, Sage 50.
- IsDefault This field identifies whether or not you have made the connection default or not. Default connections will automatically be selected as the connection for new tasks added to your workflows.
The truth table will maintain the integrity of data transitioned through Zynk. It is used mainly for duplicate prevention, although it can also be used for traceability purposes. It's important to note that Truth Records aren't created by all tasks and can also be used in different ways. For example, the Sage 200 Sales Order Import Task uses Truth Records to differentiate between orders and proformas.
Each record with an identifier you pass through Zynk will be logged to this table.
The following fields are exposed in the truth table:
- Id The unique identifier of the truth record.
- Profile This field defines the unique identifier of the workflow the record passed through.
- Type The object name of the record you have processed. For example, if you import a sales order into Sage 50 the type will be 'Zynk.Connect.Sage50.Objects.SalesOrder'
- InternalId The unique identifier given by the parent system
- ExternalId The unique identifier given by the external system.
- Hash - The hash of the truth table entry.
- Created - This field will indicate the date and time that the truth table entry was created.
- Modified - This field will indicate the date and time the truth table entry was created.